I took the Summer off from school, and I spent most of my Summer reading. So, here is my Summer reading list! In this post I have included the books covers, aesthetics, and any other helpful information!
*Disclaimer* I spent this summer reading new authors, so forgive me if I read the books out of order.
THE LINE UP
Catch Her if You Can
Catch Her if You Can is a rom-com written by Tessa Bailey. This is my 5th Tessa Bailey book I've read, and I'd rank it 4 out of the 5, my favorite being Hook, Line, Sinker. I will say my favorite thing about the book is how niche it is. For me my least favorite part was the epilogue.
Trope: Marriage of convenience, she fell first he fell harder, and sports romanceSpiciness: 3/5
Page Count: 325
Similar: The Change Up by Meghan Quinn or Unfortunately Yours by Tessa BaileySeries: Big Shots- Book 5 out of 5
Plot: 3/5
Consider Me by Becka Mack
Consider me was the first book I've read by Becka Mack, and my third hockey themed romance book. Personally I would recommend this series before the Maple Hills series by Hannah Grace (Wildfire by her was so sweet). My favorite part of Consider Me is that it is heartfelt, however their were a couple scenes I found cliché
Trope: Reformed rake, golden retriever MMC x black cat FMC and sports romance
Spiciness: 4/5
Page Count: 480
Similar: Mile High by Liz Tomforde or The Game Changer by Lana FergusonSeries: Playing for Keeps- book 1 out of 5
Plot: 3.8/5
Hopeless
Hopeless was the first book by Elsie Silver that I read, and I finished it in 2 days . Personally I would recommend this series before the Maple Hills series by Hannah Grace (Wildfire by her was so sweet). The best part of Hopeless to me was the plot twist. There was a scene where my jaw dropped, I was a tad bit "icked out".
Trope: Fake engagement, grumpy x sunshine, and age gap
Spiciness: 4/5
Page Count: 448
Similar: Done and Dusted by Lyla Sage or A False Start by Elsie Silver
Series: Chestnut Springs- book 5 out of 5
Plot: 4/5
Link!
The Stopover
Catch Her if You Can is a rom-com written by Tessa Bailey. This is my 5th Tessa Bailey book I've read, and I'd rank it 4 out of the 5, my favorite being Hook, Line, Sinker. I will say my favorite thing about the book is how niche it is. For me my least favorite part was the epilogue.
Trope: Marriage of convenience, she fell first he fell harder, and sports romance
Spiciness: 3/5
Page Count: 325
Similar: The Change Up by Meghan Quinn or Unfortunately Yours by Tessa Bailey
Page Count: 325
Similar: The Change Up by Meghan Quinn or Unfortunately Yours by Tessa Bailey
Series: Big Shots- Book 5 out of 5
Plot: 3/5
Consider Me by Becka Mack
Consider me was the first book I've read by Becka Mack, and my third hockey themed romance book. Personally I would recommend this series before the Maple Hills series by Hannah Grace (Wildfire by her was so sweet). My favorite part of Consider Me is that it is heartfelt, however their were a couple scenes I found cliché
Trope: Reformed rake, golden retriever MMC x black cat FMC and sports romance
Spiciness: 4/5
Page Count: 480
Similar: Mile High by Liz Tomforde or The Game Changer by Lana Ferguson
Spiciness: 4/5
Page Count: 480
Similar: Mile High by Liz Tomforde or The Game Changer by Lana Ferguson
Series: Playing for Keeps- book 1 out of 5
Plot: 3.8/5
Plot: 3.8/5
Hopeless
Hopeless was the first book by Elsie Silver that I read, and I finished it in 2 days . Personally I would recommend this series before the Maple Hills series by Hannah Grace (Wildfire by her was so sweet). The best part of Hopeless to me was the plot twist. There was a scene where my jaw dropped, I was a tad bit "icked out".
Trope: Fake engagement, grumpy x sunshine, and age gap
Spiciness: 4/5
Page Count: 448
Similar: Done and Dusted by Lyla Sage or A False Start by Elsie Silver
Series: Chestnut Springs- book 5 out of 5
Plot: 4/5
Spiciness: 4/5
Page Count: 448
Similar: Done and Dusted by Lyla Sage or A False Start by Elsie Silver
Series: Chestnut Springs- book 5 out of 5
Plot: 4/5
THE STOPOVER WAS MY FIRST BOOK BY T.L. SWAN AND MY FIRST BILLIONAIRE ROMANCE, HAPPY TO REPORT I REALLY ENJOYED THIS BOOK. IT WAS NOT WHAT I EXPECTED, THIS BOOK MADE ME QUESTION THE ENDING. I LOVED THAT THE BOOK WASN'T A "CHEESY" ROMANCE, THIS RELATIONSHIP FELT REAL. MY BIGGEST ISSUE WAS THAT FOR ME THE MMC BEHAVIOR WAS A BIT TOO DOMINANT.
TROPE: BILLIONAIRE ROMANCE, GRUMPY X SUNSHINE, AND WORKPLACE ROMANCE
SPICINESS: 4/5
PAGE COUNT: 523
SIMILAR: THE FINE PRINT BY LAUREN ASHER OR THE TAKEOVER BY T.L. SWAN
SERIES: MILES HIGH CLUB — BOOK 1 OUT OF 4
PLOT: 4/5
SPICINESS: 4/5
PAGE COUNT: 523
SIMILAR: THE FINE PRINT BY LAUREN ASHER OR THE TAKEOVER BY T.L. SWAN
SERIES: MILES HIGH CLUB — BOOK 1 OUT OF 4
PLOT: 4/5
EPILOGUE
Epilogue was the first interactive or choose your own adventure romance book I have read, and I am not disappointed. This book altered my brain chemistry. Epilogue is Soledad's debut novel and it is one of the most creative. I love that this book was focused on the emotional aspect of relationships instead of the physical aspects. My least favorite part of the book was at certain points it felt rushed. This book as made me more interested in the interactive style books.
Trope: Love triangle, first love v.s. last love, and interactiveSpiciness: 1/5Page Count: 400+ (page count depends on your choices and ending)Similar: Consider the Consequences by Doris Webster or My Lady's Choosing by Kitty Curran and Larissa ZagerisSeries: None- debut novelPlot: 4.5/5
Epilogue was the first interactive or choose your own adventure romance book I have read, and I am not disappointed. This book altered my brain chemistry. Epilogue is Soledad's debut novel and it is one of the most creative. I love that this book was focused on the emotional aspect of relationships instead of the physical aspects. My least favorite part of the book was at certain points it felt rushed. This book as made me more interested in the interactive style books.
Trope: Love triangle, first love v.s. last love, and interactive
Spiciness: 1/5
Page Count: 400+ (page count depends on your choices and ending)
Similar: Consider the Consequences by Doris Webster or My Lady's Choosing by Kitty Curran and Larissa Zageris
Series: None- debut novel
Plot: 4.5/5
Link!
I really enjoyed making this, if you guys have any ideas or recs, let me know! Hopefully my post helped you guys out!
Any good books I should read? Click here-> Click Me!
Also, does anyone have any blogging tips? This is my first post!
lemme update my tbr list!
ReplyDelete