Next Destination?

Next Destination?
Next Destination?....NEW YORK!

Wednesday, July 29, 2026

How me and my friend are saving for Europe 2027

Hi my friends! Happy Wednesday! On this weeks blog I thought I'd share how my best friend and I are saving for Europe. Disclaimer, my friend and I do have our primary jobs, but this is just a little side gig to help out! These side gigs can help save for things outside of trips, things like concerts or even just everyday savings! 

I hope ya'll enjoy! I'm still trying to get my own style and groove for my blog, so if you guys have any tips on what to write or how to style my page please don't hesitate!

BACKGROUND INFORMATION/COST

Timeline to Save- We started planning in May of 2026
Primary Jobs- I nanny and my best friend works at the local golf course: we each try to save between $200-$400 a month
Air BnB- $915.29
Flight Cost- Between $2,100-$2,500
End Goal- To save $4,000 +

1.) PET/HOUSE SITTING

Pet sitting and house sitting are (to me) some of the easiest jobs you can pick up on the side, especially if you already have a primary job. The quickest way to book these gigs in our experience is to make connections with people you are friends with, work with, or customers. My friend Jess, kills the pet and house sitting game, she makes a lot of connections with the members at the golf course. I mean actually brings in quite a bit of funds. I know that right now we are each booked for 2 weeks in December, so that will be helpful for us. Pet sitting does pay more than house sitting, but when you go the extra mile when doing either, you are more likely to be hired again and/plus a higher chance of extra cash. 

HONORABLE MENTION- BABY SITTING

As said above, my primary job is nanny, and I LOVE IT! Like I said, I save between $200-$400 a month from my paychecks, however I will get paid extra depending on if I stay the night or any last minute calls. This is also a great job because your boss will recommend you to other families, so even if this is not your primary job or interest it is a good one to keep in your back pocket.

2.) SAVING UP LOOSE CHANGE

This might be the biggest way to save money that people don't realize straight away, but I mean honestly think about how often you have or loose change. When I mean loose I mean look/save outside your purse or bag. Check in your car, between the couch, the washer/dryer, on the ground of a parking lot, and the
change your spouse leaves on your counter. You would be surprised with how much it adds up too, BUT the right way to do this is, once you have a jug/jar full thats when you cash it in, because if you go any sooner it A.) won't look like much and/or B.) be as much as you think it would be.

3.) UPSIDE

Okay first thought...transcending the game. I heard about this app through another good friend of mine. It is very simple, anytime you buy gas or something from the gas station you can either manually upload your receipt or connect it to your card. Overtime you can earn money back and it will add up. The only downfall is that it takes a little bit of time to earn up a big amount, BUT you can add as many receipts as you want. So, if your friends, spouses, or family make any purchase at a gas station, grab it from them and scan from there. The app is helpful, it gives you a map of gas stations all over, it includes the original prices, plus their "cash back" amounts, and any special deals they might be having. The app has a list of all the places you can get gift cards for when you're ready to cash out, such as your bank account, Amazon, Stub Hub, Walmart, Sephora, and many more! 

4.) THRIFTING OUTFITS

For me shopping is a guilty pleasure, truly. So I decided to turn my guilty pleasure into something more beneficial, aka thrifting. You're not always going to find a gem on the first day, but overtime you will accumulate different clothes and eventually you will have an outfit. Some of my go-to places to thrift is Platos Closet and Goodwill, stores like Marshalls aren't considered thrifting but they do have discounted items, some even being name brand. The main things that I look for when I thrift for Europe are hiking pants/shorts, jean shorts, tank tops, club attire, skirts, and evening dresses. Shoes are a hit or miss for me when thrifting, that allows applies to swim wear. But honestly, if at the end of the day the most expensive thing I have to purchase clothing wise is a swim suit and a pair of shoes, I'm not mad! This can also be used in everyday routine if you're just trying to save money in general. Also you can do this with your friends, which I recommend, it's a very fun but casual hang out. Here are some outfits I thrifted! I apologize if it is a little blurry! 
Extra Info: At Platos Closet you can also sell your clothes, which you can save for yourself or apply to what you're buying that day! Jess and I tend to do both!

Some things I have thrifted














5.) DONATING BLOOD

Let me begin with I know this is not for everyone, however if you are willing and able to donate please do so! When you donate, One Blood here the link OneBlood.Org will provide you with information such as location, online booking, and your rewards if you donate. From my experience you receive a $20-$35 gift card, a shirt, sunglasses, a blanket, or even if you donate at a chain food location you will get a "free meal" coupon. Honestly this is one of the best ways to help others and yourself out. Once you donate you can see online or in the app how many people your donation helped and your blood type! Similar to the other app Upside, you can get your gift card to the store of your choosing. For me I always do Amazon because I know that I can buy Europe essentials and use my gift cards to help out.  

2 comments:

  1. Bonus for thrifting! Its more ethical than buying brand new from big businesses!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Most Recent Watch

Most Recent Watch
One of the best movies I've seen, it is SO FUNNY. I laughed harder then I thought I would. The soundtrack alone makes me what to transform into a discoball

Album on Repeat

Album on Repeat
One of their best albums

Hamster Crew